3 Ways to Show Mom You Care on Mother’s Day and Every Day
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, there’s no better time to show all the amazing moms in your life how much they mean to you. So, whether you’re looking for something fun to do with your mom in town or want to make your mother-in-law feel extra special with a thoughtful gift from out of town, Duluth has endless options for entertainment, dining, and gifting to make your Mother’s Day extra special this year.
3 ways to show mom you care on Mother’s Day and every day
1. Spend some quality time with mom – it may sound cliché, but nothing beats the gift of quality time. For fun activity ideas to do right here in Duluth, see the list below or check out the Arts & Entertainment section on our Resource Directory.
Fun activities to do in Duluth with mom:
- Visit the river otters at the Great Lakes Aquarium
- Walk around Bayfront Festival Park
- Discover new artists at the Joseph Nease Gallery
- Attend the latest exhibition at the Duluth Art Institute
- Tour the Glensheen Mansion
- Check out Leif Erickson Park & the Rose Garden Park
- Make new memories at Canal Park
- Go for a bike ride down the Lake Walk
- Make candles at Riverside Soy Candles
2. Treat mom to brunch or dinner at her favorite spot – start Mother’s Day off on a delicious note by treating her to brunch or dinner at her favorite place in Duluth. And if you need some ideas for great restaurants to reserve a spot for you and your mom, check out some ideas from our online Resource Directory like Sara’s Table, Chester Creek Café, Vanilla Bean Restaurant, and Blackwoods Bar & Grill.
Great dining options in Duluth:
- At Sara’s Table, Chester Creek Cafe
- Blackwoods Bar & Grill
- Grandma’s Saloon & Grill
- Green Mill
- Little Angie’s Cantina
- Tavern on the Hill
- Texas Roadhouse
- Uncle Louie’s Cafe
- Va Bene Caffe
- Vanilla Bean Restaurant
- Portland Malt Shoppe
3. Surprise mom with a gift – Sharing experiences is always a memorable way to celebrate mom. But if you can’t spend quality time with mom this Mother’s Day, you can always surprise her with a thoughtful gift she’ll love, like fresh florals from Flora North, chocolates from Duluth Candy Co., or a fun DIY kit from The Little Green Bean. To learn more, check out some of the local businesses we love supporting in the community.
Flora North offers custom floral arrangements, plants, and a variety of gift sets that are sure to put a spring in her step.
The Little Green Bean provides fun DIY kits for embroidery, home decor, and wood kits – perfect for doing together next time you spend time with her.
Indigenous First brings great gifts for an even greater great cause like advancing, promoting, and investing in Indigenous and diverse artists and entrepreneurs.
Duluth Candy Co has something sweet for everyone, including various candy gift options available for purchase online or in stores.
No matter how you decide to show mom you care this Mother’s Day, don’t forget to tell her how much she truly means to you every day!