Local Programs and Organizations
Hear directly from the people behind local programs and organizations that serve and support older adults and caregivers.
Click links below to view Local Programs and Organizations Videos:
Learn from the Experts
Check out our interviews with experts on caregiving and other topics that affect older adults and caregivers, like communication strategies, ageism, dementia, and transportation.
Click links below to view Learn from the Experts Videos:
- Ron Beleno – A New Perspective on Caregiving – Duluth Aging Support’s new series, A New Perspective on Caregiving, provides practical tools and tips for caregivers (just like you) from an international advocate for caregiving, Ron Beleno. Ron’s first tip is to never forget about the importance of caring for yourself by scheduling “you time” on your calendar or treating yourself to something you enjoy.
- Communication Tips for Caregivers – Mary Lou Donovan, Positive Dementia Paths and Char Johnson, Dementia Friendly Duluth
- Task Breakdown with Char Johnson – Join Char Johnson and Mimi Stender to learn about breaking down tasks to make the lives of caregivers for people living with dementia a little bit easier.
- Learn About Ageism and How to Counter It – Kimberly Scanlon and Georgia Lane, Arrowhead Area Agency on Aging
While many caregiver experiences can have a lot in common, no two are the same. And that’s worth sharing and hearing about so other caregivers know they are not alone.
Click links below to view Caregiver Journeys Videos:
- Humor Through Caregiving
Diversity in Aging
Diversity in Aging is a joint project of the College of St Scholastica’s Office of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion and Duluth Aging Support to foster conversations that promote learning across generations and cultures about the aging experience.
Click links below to view Diversity in Aging Videos:
- A Diversity in Aging Conversation Dawn LaPrairie
Gerontology and Older Adult Care Education
If you’re interested in learning about education opportunities in the field of gerontology and other areas that serve the older adult population, you’ll want to check out our interviews with local educational institutions.
Click links below to view Gerontology and Older Adult Care Education Videos:
- The College of St. Scholastica – Angela Hauger, Ph.D., L.P., Professor of Psychology, Gerontology Program Director
- Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College – Jennifer L. Ellis, MS, HS-BCP, Gerontology – Aging Services Professional Program Director