The Northland Caregiver Podcast |
Episode 2: Ways to Help a Person with Cognitive Limitations be Independent in Everyday Activities
Listen to Episode:
About the Episode
Join your host and Occupational Therapist Dr. Mary Lou Donovan and co-host, Leeza Ochsner with Duluth Aging Support as they discuss how to determine your care partners level of cognitive function so that you can present daily activities in a way that best promotes success.
- Introduction to cognitive function abilities [00:01 – 4:04]
- Mac & Cheese example to help modify cues & environment to best promote task completion [4:05 – 6:32]
- Introduction to Activities of Daily Living [7:00 – 8:32]
- How to best manage the early stages of cognitive loss [8:33 – 13:04]
- How to best manage the middle stages of cognitive loss [13:05 – 16:45]
- How to best manage the late stages of cognitive loss [16:46 – 19:57]
- Question from a local caregiver [19:58 – 22:00]
- Additional Resources [22:01 – 22:48]
Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter to be the first to know when the latest podcast episode goes live!
View All »