UMD – Senior Citizen Education Program
The University of Minnesota Duluth provides senior citizens with opportunities in higher education. The Senior Citizen Education Program (SCEP) is part of a Minnesota state statute that applies to all state-supported institutions of higher education in Minnesota. Residents who are 62+ may enroll in courses at the University for reduced costs to audit or earn college credit.
- To receive SCEP reduced tuition you must be a resident of Minnesota 62+ in age before the start of the term you are registering for
- You may be eligible at 60 if you have railroad retirement annuity
- You need to provide identification to verify age, residency, and if applicable railroad annuity
Admissions and Registration
- Classes can be taken as degree-seeking or as a guest student
- For more information visit: Admission services