Telephone Equipment Distribution (TED) Program
The TED Program provides adaptive devices to people who have difficulty using the phone. These devices make phone use easier for people who are deaf, deafblind, or hard of hearing, or who have speech or physical disabilities.
A Variety of Equipment is Available, Including:
- Flashing lights or loud ringers to indicate when the phone is ringing
- Captioned phones
- Echo Dot to enable voice-command dialing
- Electronic larynx to enable speech
- Phones with tone and volume adjustments
- Buttons to slow down the speaker by 10%
Devices are loaned at no cost to those who qualify, for as long as they are needed.