Parkinson’s Dance Studio
A welcoming and lively class for people with Parkinson’s attending alone or with family and friends. Stretch, warm-up, and spark your creativity and grace. No dance experience is necessary. Enjoy moving and music.
- Class begins in chairs. Dancers remain seated for a full dancing warmup. All dances can be done seated.
- Class usually meets on the first and third Fridays of every month from 1:00 until 2:15 p.m. at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Duluth. Garage parking is available under the building, with elevator access to the dancing area. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently holding class via Zoom-shorter classes on Wednesdays and Fridays at 1:00 p.m. In-person classes will resume August 19th, 2021,
- No special clothing or shoes are required. Wear something comfortable that doesn’t constrict movement. Consider wearing layers to accommodate different temperatures. You can take class in street shoes, ballet or jazz shoes, or socks. If you wear shoes, a flexible shoe is best.
- There is a suggested donation of $3 per person or $5 per group including family, friends, caregivers. Please attend even if you can’t make a donation. All people with Parkinson’s are welcome.
- People with other movement disorders or issues are also welcome. Please contact Jessica at (218) 727-8286 or firstname.lastname@example.org before your first class to talk about whether it might work for you.
You can sign up for the contact list at: Click Here