Community Partners Two Harbors
Community Partners provides services to seniors and caregivers in the Two Harbors area. They are here to support those 60+ and help them keep their independence as well as support those caring for older adults.
- Help creating a care plan
- Identify community resources and services that fit your lifestyle
- Make referrals as needed
- Live Well At Home Rapid Screen
- Assisted transportation to and from medical, dental, eye, and other appointments in Duluth and Two Harbors
- Ride request must be at least 3 business days in advance
- Riders need to be able to get in and out of passenger vehicles independently
- Assistance with heavy housework, washing windows, basic maintenance, moving, and yard work
- Friendly visitation
- Shared actives
- Weekly phone calls
- Shared errands and activities outside the home
Grocery Shopping & Delivery
- Volunteers shop at Super One for those who have difficulty getting out of their home
- Orders can be placed on Mondays and Tuesdays before 12:00pm and will be delivered the following day
- Caregiver Counseling: A professional provides useful information, skills and tools, and problem-solving related to caregiving. The professional will meet with the caregiver to create a personalized plan, on-going support and coaching is offered as well.
- Caregiver Support Group: Monthly confidential support groups for caregivers that meet on the 2nd Monday of each month. Times change seasonally.
- Respite Care: Respite provides care on short-term basis for a person who cannot take care of themselves and who is usually cared for by a unpaid friend or family member. This service provides temporary coverage in the absence of the caregiver or relief if needed.
- Social and educational engagement opportunities for seniors including trips to Duluth, up the North shore, educational classes, game days, and more
- See their monthly events calendar for more information
Evidence – Based Health Programs
- These programs promote self-management of chronic health conditions
- Juniper programs help to: prevent falls, prevent and manage diabetes, manage chronic conditions and pain
- Classes offered: A Matter of Balance, Living Well with Chronic Conditions ( also known as Diabetes Self-Management Program)
- To learn more: Click Here