Access North Center for Independent Living of Northeastern Minnesota
During the pandemic, Access North is acting as a COVID-19 Community Coordinator, helping people register for vaccinations and connect with COVID testing.
Access North also provides these five core services
- Information regarding available options and resources that enable people with disabilities to live more independently.
- Training in independent living skills such as cooking, budgeting, and accessing community services.
- Community advocacy and helping individuals understand their rights and obtain services they need to live independently.
- Peer mentoring to provide socialization, support, and help setting goals.
- Help for people with disabilities as they transition from institutions into community settings.
Additional programs include helping older adults modify their homes so they can age in place, and a lending library of items such as walkers, wheelchairs, and medical equipment that are available to people living with disabilities.